Yes, we're still here. We've just been busy! (And I've been lazy.) In order to get Liam ready for preschool this fall and to give him something fun to do, I decided to enroll him in a couple camps at the Nature Center. The first one was all about trees and the second was about reptiles. Though he did have issues with me leaving him there in the morning (I had to bribe him more than once...), the second I was gone he was fine and had a great time! I think his favorite part of each day was hiking around with his class. Maggie and I enjoyed a couple hours each morning to ourselves, too. :) After his last day of camp, I asked Liam if he would be sad that camp was over. His response was too sweet! "No, I'm not sad. I'm happy because now I get to be with you, Mom!"
 |
| With the Camp Discovery teachers |
 |
| Celebrating his last day of reptile camp with pancakes in the shape of snakes and turtles and a blueberry breakfast shake in the Nature Center mug he picked out at the gift shop |
 |
| "Help, Mom!" |
I included the last picture because it makes me laugh every time I see it. I told Liam to entertain Maggie while I packed up the diaper bag for our outing. And he did! He got a book, covered her with her blanket, and proceeded to tell her about the pictures. She was enjoying it, so I went to get the camera. Of course he had to show off and be goofy for the camera so this is the picture I got. As soon as she saw me she got this panicked "get me out of here!" look on her face which you can see peeking up over his arm.
She's already got the whole my-big-brother's-picking-on-me thing figured out. If she doesn't want him bugging her, if he gets close or even touches her with one measly finger, she'll squeal or cry for me. Now I understand why I used to get in trouble for screaming every time Tim would pick on me! Maggie had better watch out or the boy-who-cried-wolf effect will happen to her, too!
2 comments:
I love Liam's stories. They always make me smile; he's such a cutie! (And he's VERY clever)
xx
The look on Maggie's face in the picture with Liam cracks me up every time I see it.
Post a Comment