I decided to spend some time with Liam this weekend so I took him to Morrill Hall for Astronomy Day! We spent 3 hours learning about stars, black holes, Buckyballs, and telescopes. He even got to make a rocket and shoot it off (4 times!), ride a hovercraft, control a robot and put together a real telescope that he got to take home! It was AWESOME!
We finished off our Astronomy Day by visiting Hyde Observatory. I'd never been there--it was so cool! We saw the moon and Saturn, complete with rings :) The kids were dead tired at this point since it was so late so we took them home. Brian set up the tent and he and Liam spent the night in our backyard under the stars. After Maggie fell asleep, I went back to the observatory and got to see a globular cluster of stars 35,000 lightyears away, and two galaxies. I can't wait to go back on a darker night!
 |
| Shooting off his compressed air rocket |
 |
| It's just like playing games on the PS3! |
 |
| I am 1 billion nanometers tall! |
 |
| Hovercraft. The ride of the future. |
No comments:
Post a Comment