Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy 2nd birthday, Maggie!

I can't believe it's been 2 years already!  It seems like just yesterday I was wandering the aisles of Target at 11pm trying to walk that darn baby out (thank goodness for holiday hours when you can't sleep!)
Maggie is my joy.  She can certainly be a little diva--she knows what she wants and when she wants it, and good luck to whomever gets in her way!  But all it takes is for her to say "I love you Mom!" and I am complete.  She is mama's little girl.  Often when I leave to run errands or go exercise at the Y, when I come back she says "I lost you, mom!" and throws her arms around me.  She also knows how to press my buttons, though...

She has an amazing vocabulary for a 2 year old, and I love having conversations with her.  Up until about a week ago most of them made sense, but now she's started making her own language, and that amuses her to no end (especially since it frustrates Mom).  She easily strings together 6-7 word sentences and her comprehension makes 2-way communication fun, exciting and very helpful.  My favorite mispronounced word is "blaynah" (banana).  Liam corrected her a couple weeks ago, but I still get to hear it every now and again when she forgets.  She also likes to say "can I want" instead of "can I have," which still makes me giggle.
She is a very compassionate child and will always come over and ask what happened if someone gets hurt.  She freely gives out hugs and kisses.

Maggie loves to talk on the phone, though in a real conversation you might only get one or two words out of her.  Her favorite people to fake-call are Grandma Sharon, Grandpa Dale, our friend Derek and Liam's best bud, Matthew.

Her favorite songs are Dynamite by Taio Cruz, Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People, and Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5. (Don't judge me! They're catchy songs!) She loves to sing and will often burst into song wherever we are.  I've been trying to get a video but she clams up when the camera comes out.  Sometimes she makes combination songs, including "The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout, down came the rain and oooOOOOoooh moves like Jagger."

At 2 years old, she is 24 1/2 lbs and 34 1/2" tall.  Liam at 2 years old was 25 1/2 lbs and 34" tall.  I have noticed that the percentiles have changed because at 2, Liam was in the 5-10% for weight and 50% for height; Maggie is considered 22% for weight and 70% for height.
 We celebrated her birthday pretty hard this past weekend.  On her birthday (Friday), she and I went to the Children's Museum while Liam was at school.  After we picked him up we went to lunch at Dairy Queen, then went back home for some video game time.  That afternoon we met some friends at Lost in Fun (indoor playground) for a couple hours, then went out to dinner at Red Robin.  At this point Maggie was heard to say "I wanna go hoooooome."  (I think we wore her out.)  The next day we met up with family at Val's buffet (where she got to wear the birthday dress Grandma Sharon made special for her!) for lunch and then returned home for present opening. 
Everyone should have a Maggie in their life.  It's good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment