Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy birthday, baby boy!

I can't believe my baby is 5!!

He woke up to a room full of balloons.  Was he surprised?  Nope.  His reaction: "I heard you guys blowing them up all the way up in my room."  So much for secrecy.  After that was present opening time.

We had lunch at "Playing Runza" (the fast food joint with a play structure inside..Liam's favorite place to eat) with Liam's best friend and his family, and Grandma Sharon.  We ended up staying there for 4 hours.  Yes, that's right, 4 hours.  He ate, opened presents, played...and I got to talk to adults!

After that we met a couple friends at Lost In Fun, an indoor playground with bouncy houses, slides, swings, a foam pit and a basketball court.  I think we were there for 2 hours before I finally said "enough" and we went home.

Dinner was Mac & Cheese followed by video game time with Mom.

I didn't take any pictures.  I don't know what's wrong with me.  It's like I think I'll remember this 5 years down the road or something.
Today was the big birthday party with friends.  He wanted a Lego Star Wars party and by gosh, we gave him one.  The living room was filled with Mega Blocks, Legos, and Zoobs.  There was a bean bag station set up in the hallway (The Force Toss). Liam's room was still filled with balloons so we plugged in some Christmas lights, turned on some music and The Cantina came to life.  The basement was completely rearranged by my lovely husband into an obstacle course (The Jedi Temple).  After you completed your padawan training in the course, you earned your lightsaber.  Which you then used to beat the snot out of some silver balloons in the garage (Death Star Destroyer).  Unfortunately, the Death Star set up only lasted through 2 Jedi attacks.  But that's ok, because Brian set up the working dentist's chair so the kids gave each other rides on it.  (Why do we have a dentist's chair?  Well, we're hoping that if Let's Make a Deal ever calls us up and says "Do you have a dentist's chair in your garage?"  we'll win a million dollars.  Ok, that's not true.  Brian's going to use it for...something?  Someday?  Maybe?)

Presents were opened, hugs were given (I think Liam is sweet on one of his little friends from preschool!), Lego cake and ice cream were eaten.

11 kids in one house wielding glowing light sabers jumping on balloons and we only had 2 kids get injured.  WE WIN!  My only regret is not getting a picture with all the kids together.


Happy birthday little man.  You have no idea how proud I am to call you "son!"

2 comments:

Nikkidemas said...

WHAT?! I totally left a comment here a few days ago. Yes, I check your blog that often! No, I'm not obsessed with you! (Ok, a little...)

Here are my recreated random thoughts from this blog:
- Liam looks so cute in his suit!
- The Lego cake turned out great!
- I have that same exact blue tray
- Dentist chair? We had a hydrolic salon chair & a hairdryer chair in our house for a while.

xinh said...

Awwww...it seems like just yesterday you were blogging about him being born! Time goes by so fast.
Happy birthday to your baby boy!

Post a Comment