Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I've had a hard time keeping this secret.

Liam is going to be a big brother! I found out on my birthday. It was a fantastic birthday present :) I'm 9.5 weeks along and got to hear the heartbeat this morning at my appointment. It was so cool--baby's heartbeat was almost exactly twice as fast as mine, which made for a pretty awesome dance beat.

When we asked back in January, Liam said that he wanted a little brother, but the day after I found out we were expecting, he was sitting in the tub and said "Little sister play in tub with Liam." (And he had no clue I was pregnant) He's stuck with it, too! He keeps saying it's a little sister in there. I can't wait to find out if he's right!

Liam is so sweet, too. When I'm changing his diaper, he puts his leg or foot over my stomach and says "keep baby safe." (He likes to kick when it's diaper changing time so we had to tell him to stop kicking mommy because there's a baby in there.) He'll also talk to the baby. He will bend down and wave and say "hi mommy's baby!" The other day I used baby as an excuse to go home. He wouldn't leave the park so I said we had to leave because baby was hungry. He hopped on his bike saying "Liam help feed baby!" I think he's going to be a good big brother.

Due date is December 25th. There's nothing else going on that day, right?

I'll post about our fun Memorial Day weekend tomorrow!

2 comments:

Don, Aimee, Kaitlyn and Kysen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! You will love to see the relationship that happens between a brother and his sibling! Mine have their times of fighting but when they get along, it is beyond words! I told my mom that I thought you were pregnant because of something you said on facebook made me have an idea you were. Kaitlyn when she found out I was pregnant said so I am going to have a little brother! She was right the whole time! It is like they just know....stay healthy and it will be fun to go on this journey with you through your blog!

Xinh said...

OH MY GOD!!! Congratulations!!

Post a Comment