Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Another quick update

I have not been updating! I haven't been taking any pictures lately and for some reason I think this gives me an out. Well it doesn't. So here's your pictureless post. *edit* I lied. I found some pictures.

Liam's self-portraitNew Mom-isms that Liam has latched on to: "For pete's sake" and "for the love of beans!"

They're great when you're frustrated and don't want to say something that shouldn't be repeated. The other day he spilled his snack all over the floor and I said "Liam..." in a certain tone. He responded "Petesake Liam. Made a mess." It's really hard to stay mad at him.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day with my boys. They let me sleep in until 9:30, and I was surprised with a breakfast of waffles (my favorite!) and a fun hand-made card. After that, we made a trip to the Zoo. I got a carnation and a free sundae, plus it was nice to actually get to go somewhere like the Zoo as a family since it's usually just Liam and me. Liam got a ladybug painted on his face and he was very proud of it. Of course we had to stop by and say "hi" to the naked mole rats. I think they're his favorite. (The other morning he surprised me in the shower by whipping open the curtain and yelling "NAKED MOLE RAT!" and then giggling and running away.) We also checked out the mealworms but he didn't hold any this time.

After the Zoo, Gma Sharon played with Liam so Brian and I could go see Star Trek! I highly recommend it. We finished my special day with dinner with friends at Red Robin.

We just returned this afternoon from a quick trip to Hastings to visit Gpa Dale and Gma Kathy. Liam was a good car rider this time...since he watched Curious George the whole way there and back. He was actually mad when we got home today because he wanted to keep driving around watching his shows! We had a great time! Liam helped Gpa feed the fish and they played blocks and trucks together. We also got to visit Gpa and Gma as their workplaces. He was so tired last night he slept from 8pm-8:30am! In a strange bed, that's pretty good! He didn't want to leave today, so I'm sure we'll have to go back for another visit soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment