Saturday, April 25, 2009

Zoo and Birthday!

Liam's new word is "actually." As in: "Actually, want juice, Mama" It's quite funny to hear him speaking with such adult words! The other day he picked up his sippy cup and said "Forgot water! Actually, juice. D'oh!" He speaks very conversationally now and will string 6-8 words together in a sentence. It's very impressive, and also makes understanding him a little easier.

We took our first trip to the Zoo on the 17th and though he acknowledged the animals, the thing that really caught his attention was the train. I know I shouldn't be surprised but I was hoping baboons and camels would overshadow the train a bit more. Every time he heard the train he'd point in the general direction and exclaim "There's train, Mama!" I convinced him to wait until the end of our trip for a train ride. Though he didn't seem to enjoy the ride much, he refused to get off. He sulked the entire car ride home!

I had a fantastic birthday on the 19th, surrounded by friends and family. I ate good pizza and an Eileen's cookie, won a game of poker, watched an early screening of the new Wolverine movie and got to sleep in the next morning. It was great! Liam made me a card and with the help of Grandma Sharon, potted up some flowers for me. He is very fond of birthdays and built me a birthday cake out of blocks at the Children's Museum today. He even sang "Happy Birthday to you, Mama, happy birthday to you!"

1 comment:

Miss America said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry it's belated! xxx

Post a Comment