Today, after a long night of I-don't-want-to-sleep-in-my-bed-anymore ridiculousness, we packed up a lunch and drove up to Omaha to visit Fontenelle Forest and the Dino Quest exhibit. We had a blast! Liam was in and out of the stroller looking for dinosaurs and spent some quality time climbing a cargo net, playing a xylophone, conversing with other visitors (about cutting down trees with saws and the band saw Dad has in his shop) and falling in water (captured on video!). It was a beautiful day and a nice walk, and I recommend it to anyone. With or without kids! We got a family membership and I fully intend to go back there to hit some of the off-boardwalk trails next time.
I was additionally entertained by various insects along the way. We saw a caterpillar with long fuzzy "antennae." We were successful in keeping Mr. "I like to squish things" away from it. I spotted a cicada that had apparently died while emerging from its skin--a truly odd sight. I took a picture but won't subject you to it :) I was also fascinated by a type of spider I'd never seen before. They look wicked!
No comments:
Post a Comment