Liam decided he wanted to be a ghost this year. I couldn't stand the thought of putting him in a pillowcase so I whipped up this little costume (with a little help from Grandma Kathy). A few days before Halloween, he decided he wanted to be a witch instead. Having just finished his costume, I said "absolutely not!" so we compromised and he said that baby sister was going to be a witch instead. That was an easy costume. :) Don't worry, he informed us that he's not a scary ghost, he's a friendly one.

We checked out Boo at the Zoo this year, and though Liam was a little scared of all the big inflatable things and a few of the bigger costumes, he still had a good time. It took him a little while to catch on. At the second stop, the lady asked him if he wanted some candy and he said "No thanks, I already have some." Then he realized he could have more than one and willingly accepted anything offered to him! At one stop there was a man dressed in a large Scooby Doo costume not handing out candy. I got him to go up and give Scooby a high-five and then he said "also I need some candy." Yeah, he got the idea real quick.


Tonight we went trick or treating around our neighborhood for the first time. He said was having so much fun! He said "trick or treat" at each house, and got lots of candy from generous neighbors. We got lucky with the weather this year--no heavy coats required! As we were walking he stated "it's a good night for trick or treaters." Other than a couple incidents with some talking candy bowls with moving hands, the night was scare-free. We had a really hard time convincing him to leave his candy until tomorrow.
I'm bummed that I missed 95% of the trick or treaters in our neighborhood because we didn't get home until almost 7pm but I still got to see a few cute little kids in costume while Liam and I were out walking around.
A final message from your cute, lovable ghost friend:
"Us get lots of candy. That's what Halloween's all about."
1 comment:
What a cutie! "Us gets lots of candy..." Love it.
Post a Comment