Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day and misc!

That's how we roll at the O'Neal house

We've had a busy few weeks!  We have tried to get out and enjoy as much of this nice weather as Mother Nature allows us. (Snow today?  Really?  Come on.)  Liam has been helping me with the yardwork.  His specialty is raking my piles of leaves back out all over the lawn.  I did take a chance and gave him a pair of pruners the other day to get him out of my hair and he wouldn't leave that flower bed until he cut down every single daisy stalk!  I was very proud!  He has his moments of helpfulness, though they're few and far between most days.
Where's Waldo?

 Happy St. Patrick's day!  We celebrated by wearing green and eating at Burger King.  What?  Yeah, I don't know.  I wasn't up for making corned beef even though I love it, because I knew who would be eating the entire thing by herself.  A leprechaun visited Liam's preschool and left everyone some gold, which they had to find.  So he insisted on searching the car and our entire house for leprechaun gold after school.  He was disappointed he didn't find any, but you know what?  That sneaky leprechaun left a couple toys (Burger King kids meal prizes I hid) in the diaper bag!  I read the kids Jaime O'Rourke and the Giant Potato for a bedtime story--I love it, and the kids do too, despite my atrocious Irish accent.
Say "cheeseball!"

 Morrill Hall is having a Colorful Creature Day on Saturday and Liam drew a picture for their Colorful Creature Contest.  I had to take a picture of it because I was so proud I almost cried.  Usually when I give him markers and crayons he refuses to color or he'll scribble a bit and say "I'm done."  I know he's been doing crafts at preschool so I knew he was capable of something...so this time I told him he could work on a picture while I did the dishes.  When I went over to look I was surprised to see "a bird," complete with eyes, "nose," wings("there's an extra wing, too"), and feet ("with one toe on each foot!").  It's the first time he's ever drawn something for ME!  Maggie had to try her hand at making a picture also.  And yes, I entered her picture as well.  It's colorful, and could very well be a creature--Maggie's not saying.  She also had a blast coloring herself.
We had a bit of a 24 hr flu Friday night.  Thankfully, no one else we've been around seems to have caught it, but having all 4 of us sick at the same time was truly a first in our house.  One I don't wish to repeat any time soon.  The kids were bouncing off the walls the next day. Brian was hit the hardest and slept most of the weekend.  I powered through it in True Mom fashion, but was ever so thankful for Grandma Sharon who came over on Saturday to bring us supplies and watch the kids while I took a 4 hr nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment