Too bad it takes an incident like this to get me posting again.
We spent morning with friends at the Children's Museum--so fun! We haven't been out in quite a while so the kids had a great time running around and getting out all the crazies.
 |
| The culprit |
We got home around 2:15 and it was so nice out, I decided to let the kids play in the driveway. Liam found the little snow shovel and decided to start flipping snow onto the driveway. Which was fine until Maggie got in the way. I don't know exactly what happened...if she got too close or if he was throwing snow at her. All I know is I turned around just in time to see the snow shovel make contact with Maggie's forehead and watch her fall backward. Thankfully, she landed on her bottom and not on the back of her head. Liam's response? "I told you she shouldn't have been in the way!" Thanks for caring, buddy!
 |
| I made my sister bleed! And I painted my own face! |
|
The wound was just oozing blood, so we went in and called the pediatrician while I held a washcloth over it (and snapped a couple pictures while we were waiting for the nurse). She stopped crying about 4 minutes later. Ped's office told us to go to the ER. Soooo....off we went!
 |
| Yup, I'm smiling! | |
|
Maggie was a trooper throughout the whole thing. She sat still and calm during check-in, and while the nurse was cleaning the wound (I made sure that they cleaned the wound out extra well as I'd just used that shovel a couple days prior for cleaning up a dead squirrel that some cat had dragged up on our driveway), and even while the doc was putting the Dermabond on--until the glue got warm, then she yelled and squirmed. But after that? Stoic again. She was waving bye-bye to everyone, too. It was very cute! Probably helped that it was nap time and she was tired. Poor thing conked out in the car on the way home and barely woke up on the transfer to her bed.
 |
| Lots of stuffed animals make everything better. |
No comments:
Post a Comment