Liam likes to play in the band, as you can see. We try to have a "jam session" at least once a week. Look what he's playing! Yes, Mom is *very proud*!
Every day he has new words, and I always wake up anxious to learn what they are. Two days ago it was "microwave" and today it was "airport." And the words he already knows are less gibberish and more pronounced and understandable. It amazing! I have been keeping a written journal to mark down each new word when he says it so I can keep track.
Not only is he adding new words to his vocab, he's also learning that he can string them together to make sentences. This is the most exciting of all! Yesterday when I offered him some lunch he said very clearly, "No thank you mama." There was a slight pause between each word, but he knew what he wanted to say and (very politely!) said it. The funniest phrase yet came when he was talking to Daddy. He looked right at him and said "Daddy, old." (I guess I might have said that when I told him it was Daddy's birthday last Wednesday!)
He is also picking up concepts. The microwave makes things hot. The toilet is for potty (though he still chooses not to use it). Soap is for cleaning. And others. Grandma S brought up the kitchen set that I played with many (many!) moons ago and it's fun to watch him interact with everything. Heating up "hot tea" on the stove or in the microwave, "mix mix soup" on the stove, washing things in the sink... He is such a little person! I got a video tonight, I'll have to upload it sometime this week.
Speaking of videos, if you click on the link to your right, you'll find I spent a good portion of my time uploading some older videos. Check 'em out! New ones are also on the way, I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment