Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy (belated) birthday, Liam!

Liam turned 3 on February 21st. I can't believe it has already been 3 years! When I asked him what kind of birthday cake he wanted, he said "an ABC cake." My original plan was to make what looked like blocks with letters on them, but scrapped the idea when I ran out of time and ideas and went for a brownie/cookie letter combination instead. I don't think anyone cared :) Most guests chose the first letter of their name which was fun!

Liam was the perfect host and set the table with plates, napkins and silverware before guests arrived. He also cut up his own personal slice of green pepper into individual small chunks "for my guests." It was very sweet!

He and his little friends played trains and blocks and Brian made an awesome board with holes cut out for a beanbag toss. (Or as Liam calls them, beanball bags) I think it was the hit of the party.

Happy birthday, little man! We are so proud of you and love you very much!


He got a Curious George photo album from a friend, which was perfect because we gave him his very own camera (so he'll leave ours alone). He has taken about 100 pictures on it so far; about 70 of those in one 20 minute period. I will have to post some of the pictures as they are fantastic.

Another fun note to pass on: Liam was 28 1/2 lbs and 36 1/2" at his 3 year check-up. My mom looked up my stats in my baby book and I was 28 1/2 lbs and 35 1/2" at my 3 year check-up. He really is my son! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment