Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Visit from Grandpa

We got to spend a day with Grandpa Dan this past weekend! The boys spent the afternoon in the backyard with ropes and pulleys--they made a big zipline that Liam rode over and over. Both kids enjoyed some quality time with Dan's new wife Marcia as well! We don't get to see Grandpa often enough, so we treasure every minute we get.My new hobby is playing kayak polo. The club plays every Sunday on the lake by our house. It is fun and a great way to get a good workout! They had a free Father's Day game this past weekend and Brian, Dan and Marcia all joined in. The game didn't last long due to weather, but I think they all had fun. Brian and I plan on playing together this Sunday.Dan & Marcia on the water
The kids looking on. Well, sort of. Toes were more important to Maggie.
We are so lucky to have a Grandma with garden space! Grandma Sharon and Liam planted a vegetable garden this year. Liam has been enjoying fresh peas, and the latest treat was two ears of corn! They had to be harvested early due to pesky squirrels stealing the crop, but Liam said they tasted great.
And since there are very few shots of me on here, I'll give you a shot of the latest look I'm sporting. One dilated pupil! I've been battling a condition called Iritis for a couple weeks now. It's something I'd never heard of before and hope I never have to deal with again. Intense pain, sensitivity to light...it had gotten to the point where scar tissue was starting to form around the pupil. Thankfully, increasing dosage of steroid eye drops, adding pupil dilating drops, and oral steroids helped to control and decrease the symptoms. I'm almost 100% and a couple more weeks of drops should take care of it completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment