We decided to hit up UNL's campus for one of their Football Friday celebrations--which also happened to be Homecoming weekend. We got to eat Runzas, pose with a football great (who lectured me the entire time about why I shouldn't have said "Sorry to bother you.") watch cheerleaders and the band, see Herbie Husker and parade floats, and yell because we didn't want to be strapped to a stroller anymore. Ok, that last one was just Maggie.
As we were waiting for the parade, Liam said "I bet there will be Huskies!" And I said, "No Liam, that was last weekend." Well, he proved me wrong. Thanks, UNL Ski/Snowboard club.
Afterward we made a trip to the Nebraska Bookstore and I let Liam pick out one thing for him and one for Maggie. He picked out two pom poms...and kept them both. We picked out a new Husker shirt for Daddy so he doesn't have to wear his red Transformers shirt on game days anymore. And me? I got a backache and sore feet! :) Liam waved his pom poms around yelling "GO BIG RED!" at the top of his lungs all the way through the store. I was proud and embarrassed at the same time. He wanted to do it the entire drive home, too, but I convinced him to wait until we got out of the car.
I taught Liam the words to "There is No Place Like Nebraska" a few months ago in preparation for the football season, and he was excited to hear the band play it in the parade. In fact, just yesterday without prompting, he sang it all the way to the park!
No comments:
Post a Comment