Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

 We had a fantastic weekend!  Liam was a little wary of fireworks last year, but this year he was ready to get his hands on a punk.  Mostly we did smoke balls, snakes, and things that weren't too noisy. 
The Tongue of Concentration

 Snaps/poppers were the big hit of the O'Neal 4th of July '11 Extravaganza.  I wish I had gotten Maggie's pops concentration on video.  She would put one on the ground, hold her foot over it as best she could, concentrating VERY hard, and then generally come down 3 inches away.  And then she'd accidentally step on it later.

This one might be loud!


Sparkler!
Sparklers didn't go over very well.  But to their credit, they both gave it a shot.  A spark burned my foot, Liam's sparkler stick broke in half and swung back at him, scaring him, and Maggie was just completely uninterested.
We did fireworks last night with Grandma Sharon and then went back to the stands today and picked out a few more of our favorites.  The kids were both up until 10:30 last night, and after an early start this morning I figured they'd be asleep by 6pm.  But no!  Maggie didn't give up until 8:30 and Liam was up past 9.  I fear what kind of attitudes tomorrow will bring.  I am very thankful that my kids sleep through all this nonsense--I am impressed at the amount of money people in my neighborhood spend!

No comments:

Post a Comment