| Cleaning up after a messy snack |
Maggie is amazing. She is stringing 4+ words together and her comprehension is amazing. She is also very polite and will thank us for things. Liam shared his ice cream with her a couple days ago and she said “thank you brother!” without me prompting her. It's so nice because I can understand what she wants now. She'll say things like “Downstairs, mommy, le go!” I asked her what she wanted for dinner the other night and she said “How 'bout....chechup and chih pattie. Banana.” And “cookie” was thrown in there afterward. She has also started using the toilet. We have had about 5 or 6 successes, pee and 1 or 2 poops. 1 occasion was out in a public restroom, too! We still have a long way to go but I think she can control when she goes. She was yelling about pee in the car and I said “you'll have to go in your diaper or wait 'til we get home,” and we came home and she sat on the toilet and peed! Amazing. She still likes singing and she loves dancing. I tried singing “Walking in Memphis” (the song I used to sing to Liam as a baby) to her the other night and after one verse she said “mommy, shhh. Enough.”
She has also started joining in on our dinner tradition of asking what our favorite parts of the day were. One night she said “grapes.” Another night it was “Matthew, Sammy,” two of our friends we had played with earlier that day. One night she left the table early and we forgot to ask her. Then a while later we heard her in the living room say “fave part day was...” The rest was unintelligible, but obviously she didn't want us to think we could leave her out of our tradition!
| Making a "nest" |
Even more amazing is how well she and Liam get along. They have been playing together so nicely lately, and they share with each other quite often. Liam is a very patient big brother as well. I don't think we could have gotten more lucky with these two. Now that's not to say we don't have moments. Or days. But overall, I'm a pretty lucky Mom! Liam likes to be the first to greet Maggie most mornings. They like to throw everything in her crib and make "nests."
No comments:
Post a Comment