Monday, August 29, 2011

First day of preschool, 2011

It's that time of year again!  I can hardly believe school is starting.  Where did my summer go?

Liam started his second year of preschool this morning.  He is going to the same school, only he will be attending 3 mornings a week instead of two. He was excited to start again and I think he had a good day today, but I'll never know for sure.  Liam's first rule of preschool is he doesn't talk about preschool.  But little does he know his best friend at school DOES talk (somewhat)! So when I need preschool news, I hit up my friend Emily for the details.  Sad, but true.
New backpack!
We had to get a new backpack as his old one wasn't big enough to hold a 1" binder.  He picked up a Transformers one and wouldn't let it go.  When we got home, we realized it truly is more than meets the eye, as it turns inside out!  When he found out Optimus Prime was on the inside, we quickly transformed the pack.  Poor Bumblebee, stuck on the inside.
He chose his Lego Star Wars shirt for the first day
 Maggie didn't care a bit that he was gone.  Not sure what that says, but there you have it.  She did get upset when he left with Dad, but only because she thought she and I were going to get in the car and go somewhere as well.
Bye, little Maggie!
I had sinus surgery to remove polyps and have balloon sinuplasty (big words!) done last Tuesday, and am still recovering.  Apparently recovery time slows as you age, as I don't remember having this hard of a time 6 years ago.  I also lost a good deal more blood this time around since the polyps were bigger.  It takes a while to recover 1 1/2 pints of blood!  So Maggie and I had a low-key morning--a little Sesame Street and a short walk halfway around the block.  Maggie packed up her doll stroller with her baby doll, a little lamb, and a bunny, put on one of Liam's gardening gloves, and off we went!  I took a picture with my phone but I'll be damned if I know how to get it off of there.  I don't have a smart phone, and my dumb phone doesn't have a smart user, so you probably will never get to see it. Trust me, it was cute.  She was a trooper, pushing that doll stroller up the hill and around the corner.  Thankfully she didn't give up until we were directly behind our house, so we asked the neighbors if we could cut through their lawn and took a quick detour to our backyard (I'm still not supposed to lift things, something Maggie is having a hard time with!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment