We started the birthday celebration on Friday when Grandpa O. came up to spend some time with us. Liam lovingly refers to him as just "Dan." He has recently come to understand that Dad and Grandpa Dan made his crib, so when I told him Grandpa was coming up, he excitedly said "Dan made this!" while pointing to his crib :) All Friday he kept saying "birthday 'morrow!"
He has been very excited about his birthday, especially his "birthday party, pizza party, open presents!" He has really been into trains for quite a while now, so I decided to make him a train cake. It took me 3 1/2 hrs to bake the train cars and about 2 hours to decorate, but it was fun.
We had family and a few friends celebrating with us Saturday morning. Liam really enjoyed himself the entire time. Eating pizza, playing with balloons, opening presents, and eating cake. Every time he opened a present that had some kind of plastic around it, he had to use Grandpa Dale's key to get the wrapping off. And he really enjoyed every present he got, especially the books. We have read the book his cousins got for him a few times, and "Where's the Poop?" (courtesy of Alison and Dan) 5 or 6 times. And he's wanted to sit on the potty after reading the book and hasn't even asked for a reward!
He really enjoyed blowing out his candle. He had to do it about 7 times! And he had 3 helpings of ice cream. Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate and make Liam's birthday special.
And after all the partying he took a nice 2 1/2 hr nap, so I took one, too :)
I decided not to hide behind a camera and enjoy the party so I unfortunately didn't get any pictures. Grandma Kathy took plenty, though--you can find them here
I'm so proud of the little boy we've raised! The first two years were fantastic and I look forward to the wonderful years to come :)
1 comment:
That train cake is amazing!!
Post a Comment