Well, I've done it again. Ruined a perfectly good computer. And in record time, too! I have no idea what happened and am not entirely convinced it's fixed for good, but I plan on making good use of it while I can. And so I blog.
Liam gets more social and talkative every day. It's quite fun! Lately he's been on a gardening kick, and demands that we "plant seeds right now." We purchased some tomato seeds and plan on attempting to grow them on our deck. It's hard to convince him that it's still too cold out to plant them. We may try to start them indoors but if there's one thing this house lacks, it's natural light.

So in the meantime, we have resorted to other activities like playing trains, painting, playing marching band and the new game Daddy introduced, Hide and Seek. It seems that it's only fun when Daddy plays, though. We've gotten out to enjoy the nicer days these past couple weeks and I can't wait until the warmer weather stays. Liam is trying to get the hang of riding his new tricycle, but I'm not sure his legs are quite long enough yet. It's sure fun to watch him try, and he insists on wearing his helmet when he does. (And sometimes he makes me wear mine, too.)
I have found out that I must say the phrase "right now" a lot, because Liam has picked up on it. He's gotten to be quite the demanding little boy! Everything has to be "right now," regardless of whether it's watching tv, eating a snack, or feeding Dodi treats.

He absolutely loves giving Dodi her treats, and she's getting more comfortable with him doing it since he's no longer trying to shove them in her face. We have two different kinds of treats for her and he makes sure to give her some of each, and also that she finishes them all before she leaves the room. It's amazing that he's gone from kicking her and pulling her tail to wanting to give her hugs and pet her all the time. I'm sure she's glad of that, too. Liam helped comfort her when we took her to the vet on Monday. After she got her vaccinations, he said "Dodi shot all done!" and wanted to pet her. It was very sweet!

I had thought Dodi was feeling lighter but that it was a result of Liam getting heavier. Turns out she has lost 2 lbs and is down to 11.5 lbs. She still has a heart murmur due to the hyperthyroidism, which is what they're also contributing the weight loss to. It's hard to know she's going downhill but at least she doesn't seem to be in much if any pain. She has been such a good furry friend to Liam these past two years!
No comments:
Post a Comment