Tuesday, March 31, 2009

finally feeling better

Liam has had a stomach bug since last Thursday, but I think he's finally over it. He's been sucking down "special juice" (Pedialyte) like it's candy, which helped. One positive to him being sick is he takes naps!

Our TV has stopped working, which has made things interesting. Cold weather + sickness usually = TV time, but that wasn't an option today. Since the TV is refusing to work, I fired up the laptop for some music. (I just can't stand quiet.) I loaded my entire music folder into Winamp and was constantly running back and forth between Playdough time and my laptop to see what the heck was playing. There's a lot of stuff on here I can't identify anymore!

Anyway, yet another mystery song...turns out the artist was Mr. President, the song title, "Coco Jambo." Remember that song? Didn't think so. So I said to Brian, "It's Mr. President, Coco Jambo." To which Liam responds: "No, Oh Bama pezdent,'member mama?" Yes, yes he is. Silly Mama!

I finally convinced Liam to run to Target this afternoon to get some Playdough toys. As we went past the Easter aisles, he saw the candy. He stood up in the cart and said "Chocolate num nums, right now!" (I found out from Brian that "num nums" are M&M's.) I told him we would have to wait until after dinner, and then reminded him of the bag of M&M's Alison gave him. He said "Birthday, 'member?" I was so proud of him for remembering! He officially has a better memory than me. He also remembered playing with playdough with his little friend Sami in her basement, and we did that back in early January. He tags "remember" onto the end of almost every sentence--it's very cute.
He helped me make muffins tonight, and was very irritated when I tried to help him stir. He loves doing things on his own. He decided that our blueberry muffins needed cinnamon so he added a little of that to the mix. It was very good! He ate 2 1/2 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment