Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lakes and Zoo

We've had a busy two weeks! Two weekends ago we went to a 25th anniversary party in Iowa. Liam loved it--hayrack ride, petting calves, eating good food, dangling arms in the lake... Now at least 3 or 4 times a week he'll say "go Eric's lake!" I think it made an impression on him :)

Last weekend we went to our friend Derek's lake. Which makes for some confusion...Derek's lake...Eric's lake...they're interchangeable in Liam's mind :) We actually got to get in Derek's lake--brought our swimsuits and everything. Unfortunately it was a little on the chilly side so I didn't get in. Liam, on the other hand, LOVED it. He waded around in the water until he was blue and shaking like a leaf. He just refused to get out! The only thing he wasn't comfortable with was the 4 little bluegills that were trying to investigate his legs. Hopefully we can go back and visit again when it's warmer!

Today we took a trip to the Lincoln Children's Zoo with Matt and Mallory. Liam was thrilled to be there with his older cousins! I think they all had a great time. We ended up spending about 3 1/2 hours there and ended the trip with a train ride. Liam rode with Matt and they told me I had to sit somewhere else :(

The first picture is for Matt--we spotted an ant eating a bee.





2 comments:

Don, Aimee, Kaitlyn and Kysen said...

I cannot believe how big our little boys are getting. I hope your pregnancy is going well. Hope to see you sometime when I am back in Lincoln but I guess the blog world will have to do for now until I get back there!

Jodee said...

I found you through Aimee. We live in Lincoln and love the Zoo too! Cute pictures!

Post a Comment