Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Talk, talk, talk

I have to post this before I forget, even though I still haven't posted about last weekend's adventures.

I am always amazed at Liam's vocabulary and ability to speak in relatively full sentences. He has started pretending and making up stories now, too. Yesterday we went to the library. He forever looks for our friend Dan, who works at Gere. He started pulling books off the shelf saying "Dan put them away." Dan was actually there yesterday and kindly foiled Liam's escape attempt (apparently he is strong enough to push open the doors on his own now), which Liam thought was pretty fantastic. Also, he likes to pick up and carry around books in the provided red baskets. At one point he set the basket down with the intention to "leave it there." I said that someone might put the books away if we left it and suggested I carry it for him instead. To which he replied, "I carry it! I strongest boy ever!" I have no idea where he got that one but I couldn't stop laughing :)

After a lunch at Runza, he saw a truck with a ladder on it. He proceeded to tell me: "Need my ladder now. Climb up up up ladder, rescue all kittens from tree. Then all people say 'Hooray!' and 'thank you!'" (That one pays homage to our recent library book find entitled Fireman Small) When I asked him what the kittens would say, he responded "meow." Duh, Mom.

I can't believe that my little boy who refused to talk 6 or so months ago now talks a mile a minute. It's quite entertaining and I wish I could get it on camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment