It would seem I've been a bit of a slacker lately. I haven't taken many pictures and think, "I'll just post the next time I take some..." Meanwhile, Liam has been growing and talking and learning and I haven't been keeping a record of it.
One of my favorite things to do with Liam is read books. Now he's taken to doing it on his own, though. I'll often leave a book or two in his crib so he has something to entertain himself with in the mornings--keeps him occupied long enough for us to get an extra 20 minutes of sleep :) He always uses the excuse of "read one more book!" at night to keep from going to bed, and I'm usually a sucker and give in. How can I resist?
Here's Liam relaxing after an evening of Music and Mozzarella at the Lincoln Children's Museum. Live music and pizza and breadsticks...fun times! I was very proud of him this week because he actually went down by the stage and danced a little bit! I was sad I'd forgotten the camera.
I'm starting to feel better, finally, though I'm still tired. That's partially due to a lunatic 2 year old, though. He's been beyond crazy lately and I don't know if it's the weather or what. Liam seems to still think it's cool that Mom's having a baby. He pulled my shirt up yesterday so baby could watch TV with us. He likes to talk to baby and give my belly hugs--it's very sweet! Had our second appointment on Tuesday and everything sounds good. Baby was moving around a lot, so I may have another active belly, which I'm looking forward to! The exciting news is that we're going to go ahead and do our ultrasound at the next visit, so hopefully by the end of next month, we'll know whether Liam really is going to have a little sister!
Despite Liam's craziness, he still cracks me up and melts my heart. Makes it all worthwhile. Tonight he gave me a smiley face sticker for being good today. :) And he likes to remind us that "Mommy and Daddy and Liam, best friends." Today after a trip to the park with friends, he told me he wanted muffins for lunch. I told him he couldn't just have muffins so he said "and mac & cheese. And hot dogs." I responded "you want all that for lunch??"
"I must be VERY hungry"
1 comment:
I LOVE that Liam pulled your shirt up to let the baby watch t.v. with you guys! How sweet and thoughtful is that? Excited to hear what you're having!!! :)~Becca
Post a Comment