I have no pictures to share this time around as I haven't been taking any lately. Just wanted to share a few Liam moments.
I started yoga a month ago to help with back pain and it has really helped. Liam enjoys my yoga mat and likes to do his own version of yoga. I've tried to show him a few simple poses (in an attempt to get him to sit still for longer than 10 seconds) but he insists on HIS yoga. Which involves him doing assisted handstands and then falling over. Also, somersaulting. Did I mention he can do a somersault all by himself? About 3 weeks ago he tried one and refused my help--and he did! I was so proud!
Today he woke up and played in his room for about 30 minutes before came out (carrying a silo, his popper toy and wearing a construction hat). It was truly an amazing thing. And he didn't even trash his room! He was simply playing quietly!
While playing on his own during "quiet time" this afternoon he started singing. Here's Liam's version:
"The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout. Down came the rain and washed the spider out. Darn. Cha cha cha!"
I think we have a new hit song on our hands!
We enjoyed the last nice day of the year at the park (December 1st...with only jackets on? Really? YES!). While I was proud of Liam for doing the big slides on his own, I was a little disappointed that he's still nervous about playing on the equipment when there are other kids around. We kept talking about how it was ok, he didn't have to play WITH them if he didn't want to but he could still play. And how it was ok to play with other kids sometimes, just like he plays with his friends. His response? "I play with my friends, but I *certainly* wont let them touch my mower. When they do, I take it away and run run run!" In Liam-inflection, it sound much more entertaining :)
I also had another proud mommy moment when he started a sentence with "I was angry when..." He has a temper just like his mommy, but we've been working on talking through it instead of just throwing a tantrum. So to hear him say those words...it was fantastic :)
36 1/2 weeks pregnant now! I've never been this pregnant...it's a new sensation :b I've been doing well--sleeping much better at night and much less back pain. However, she has settled her little self right on my bladder, which makes for many many trips to the bathroom throughout the day and occasional pain. I need to get Brian to take a belly picture to share.
I was glad baby sister didn't come early, as it allowed for a trip to Kansas for family time/Thanksgiving and the participation in my friend's (of 25 years!) wedding last Saturday.
Next update I hope to have a few photos for you. An updated family shot and a few pictures of the new pantry unit that Brian and his Dad built--it's gorgeous, you'll all be jealous!
No comments:
Post a Comment