Maggie was born Wednesday, December 16th at 11:15am. She was 7lbs 1oz and 20" long.
After being told I was going to give birth within a week of the 10th (my last appointment) I anxiously awaited the day. Each day came and went, and I got more and more frustrated. So I decided to take action :b Liam and I went for another marathon 4 hour trip to the Children's Museum on Tuesday morning, then after getting his hair cut, we went mall-walking. I was exhausted, but after finding out Target was open until Midnight, I made one more trip for last-minute things at around 10pm. Apparently it all did the trick!
I started having a few contractions at around 5am (though they were 30 mins apart and more annoying than anything). Liam woke up around 7:45 and we went in to wake up Daddy at about 8. Having not had any contractions since 7, I was surprised when my water broke at 8:15 while were were relaxing in bed! We quick got ourselves in gear as contractions hit me shortly after, and they were only about 2-3 minutes apart.
We arrived at the hospital around 9am, and all my plans of a natural childbirth went out the window. I was in so much pain I had to be wheeled up to the 4th floor. Thankfully, I still had time for an epidural! I had just enough time to relax a little bit and compose myself before it was time to push. 15 minutes later, we had a beautiful and healthy baby girl! I was the poster-child of the floor with my 3 hour from start to finish labor/delivery.
She is a relatively quiet baby, also. Right after birth as they were measuring and weighing her, she lay there quietly just taking everything in for about 20 minutes. The only time she really lets herself be heard is when she's hungry and I'm taking too long!
We were so lucky that Maggie was happy and healthy--it was nice to be able to have her in the room with us during our entire stay at the hospital. Though a little bit jaundiced, she's doing great in every other way. Liam seems to have taken to her quite well, also. She loves to give her hugs and kisses and "pet" her. And he doesn't seem upset that we decided to call her Maggie and not "Bonjo Bonjo." This is our first night all together in the house, so we're hoping she doesn't wake him up too many times in the middle of the night!
We're happy to be home, and glad we can celebrate our first Christmas as a family of 4! Our family feels complete :)
Welcome, Maggie! You are loved!
4 comments:
Congrats Angela! I am so happy that she is here and healthy and that you got to experience a 9 1/2 month pregnancy this time! Hope it all goes well! It is a huge adjustment going from one to two but well worth it...I think!! Just kidding! Congrats and she is really toooo cute!
Congratulations!!!! She's lovely!!
Aww! Great post Angela! Congratulations and I can't wait to meet your Maggie Ann. :)
Congrats~she is beautiful!! I can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment