Friday, September 16, 2011

 I was trying to get a picture of Maggie wearing these slippers (recognize them, LeeAnn?) and PJs because Liam had worn them as well, but he wouldn't stay out of the picture.  "But the picture will be cuter when I'm in it, Mom."
 So I got Maggie alone finally, and told her to smile.  This is her smile.  We'll work on that...  Also, notice the awesome Diego Rescue Pack chair I let Liam buy at a garage sale--I'm an awesome Mom.
This morning while I was cleaning I realized Maggie wasn't in the room anymore and it was quiet in the house.  Those two things combined usually mean trouble. Or a mess. Or both.  I went in to our bedroom to find her like this, plopped on the floor with the Nook in her lap.  She looked up at me and said, "Play zombies?"  (She really like Plants vs. Zombies)

I took the kids on an impromptu trip to the Children's Museum yesterday afternoon because we needed to get out of the house.  Liam played with some other kids in the soft blocks exhibit for about 25 minutes which gave me some time with Maggie alone.  It was nice!  The rocket is one of her favorite areas so we spent most of our time over there pressing buttons and going through the launch sequence (after which I would spin her around in "zero gravity").  It was so much fun to listen to the older kids create and playact with the blocks.  They were making a house I think.  From what I gathered, the two most important components were the beds and the hot tub.  Liam created a bed out of a circle, then promptly yelled "who wants to sleep with me?"

Maggie and I hopped on the lunar rover, and I decided to pretend like we were moving.  "Look Maggie, we're on the moon!  It's bumpy!" *rocking back and forth in her seat*  Maggie's response?  "I not moving, Mom.  Get off now."  Mom fail.

Maggie had her first dentist appointment on Tuesday but I can't find the camera Liam took pictures of it with.  I'll post those soon, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment