Maggie is putting together longer sentences now (some up to 8 words!). “See giraffe hop on your leg. That's silly!” She loves to participate in our “favorite part of the day” at dinner. “My fave part day was eating my family!”
She has also become quite defiant, and I think she gets a little of that from watching Liam. But she knows what she wants and when she wants it and she'll let you know. She'll also let you know if she doesn't want to do something. Often it will be a “no thank you” so the politeness helps ease the defiance a bit.
It is fun to have a conversation with her, and I've gotten her to tell me stories at night instead of reading her book after book. “One time (once upon a time) they a little Maggie and a little Liam...an then wha happen?” (If I prompt her she'll fill in the blanks of my story; I usually say “then what happened?” to continue the dialogue.) Her stories often involve her two best friends, Matthew and Sammy as well.
I like to tell my children that I love them, because, well, I do. I have been waiting for Maggie to say it back--to be fair, I think she has said it once or twice, but that's it. Instead she'll run up to me with her arms outstretched and say with a big grin on her face, "you LOVE me!" Hey, I'll take it. Because it's cute :)
Also, how cute is this?
Thanks for saving this shirt, Mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment