Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hastings trips

Liam and I have made two short Hastings trips in the past week. Last Friday we went swimming until a thunderstorm made us go home. And then after his bath, Liam went running naked in the rain! It was quite funny :)
Saturday we met some friends at the fair to check out the animals. Apparently the cows were a little scary, but the chickens/roosters and rabbits were fun and so were the pigs. And we got to pet a donkey! Afterwards, Liam and I checked out the Museum. He didn't care about any of the exhibits, he just wanted to find buttons to press. Well, we found a couple. And boy, did we press those buttons! I tore him away from the buttons long enough to find the Discovery Zone (note the awesome hat) where we cooked in a log cabin and discovered dinosaur bones. We also had to visit the Kool-Aid exhibit, of course!We made our second trip yesterday with cousin Matt for a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's. We had a fun, action-packed 24 hours! Tuesday, the three of us joined Grandma at Champions to play in the huge cargo net/slide/bouncy extravaganza of a playgrond they have there. I think Grandma got a workout :) I only went through twice and I had a sore back and bruises on my knees this morning! After that we went to the Y to swim. Our original plans of going to the waterpark were thwarted by 63F, rainy weather. Matt showed us all how to look cool on the diving board while Liam rocked the floaties (and Matt's goggles) in the shallow end. We ended our day by playing catch in the park, followed by ice cream, of course.This morning before heading back home, we visited the Children's Museum. We were the only ones there! It's definitely smaller than the one here in town, but there is different stuff to play with. I highly recommend it as both of the boys had a blast. Here is the house that Matt built. We also got to see 3-day old finches in the bird house/display they have at the Museum. I've never seen birds that small before! They looked like little worms with a tuft of feathers on their heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment