Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mantis! Viper!

Today we had a fun-packed day. First we joined some friends at the movies. Liam sat for quite a while through Kung Fu Panda, or "Panda Movie" as he calls it; I was very impressed! Having a bag of popcorn to munch on helped quite a bit. He loves the movie, but I'm not sure he'd seen it in its entirety. But he's been walking around all day saying "Mantis! Viper! Mantis! Viper!" over and over again :)

After the movie, we trekked to Noodles for lunch. Of course, after all that popcorn he refused to eat anything. This, after demanding "JUST NOODLES" (not mac & cheese) because that's what Po made in the movie.

I took a nap while Liam yelled at me from his room during "quiet time." I was amused, however, when I went in to get him and found that he'd taken his shirt off, turned it inside out and put it back on again! I've never seen him take his shirt off without assistance before! I asked him to show me how he did it. He said "no."

We had a fun afternoon playing with the barn/silo set that I retrieved from Grandma and Grandpa's house. I'm excited that Liam seems to enjoy it as much as I remember enjoying it when I was younger. We played so hard, we were almost late to Liam's first swim lesson!

I'm amazed at how he has taken to the water. He really enjoys jumping off the side of the pool, blowing bubbles, kicking his feet, and tonight he tried paddling with his hands, too. The highlight was going down the slide, though. On our way home he said "that lady was exciting for me!" (translation: "the swim instructor was excited at how well I was doing!") And of course we had to tell Dad all about it when we got home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment